Skip To Sidebar Skip To Content


"An Honor to Serve, A Duty to Protect"

Victim Services Unit

     Deanna Uhl                                                                                               
     Phone:   386-586-4848                                                                            

Our Victim Services Unit is available to any citizen of Flagler County and provides emotional support to victims or witnesses to crimes and their families and are available twenty-four hours a day.

Victims of crimes need comfort during times of emotional stress.  Our victim advocates work as a support system to victims, survivors, and their families following traumatic events.  These professionals are dedicated to providing members of our community with the emotional support and guidance needed during times of distress.

If you or someone you know is in need of assistance following a crime, do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help you.

If you would like to volunteer with the Victim Services Unit, please call us at 386-586-4848 or send us an email

If you have utilized our Victim Services Unit, please take this brief survey:

Victim Services Available

  • Crisis Intervention
  • Coordination with the Criminal Justice System
  • Personal Advocacy
  • Court Accompaniment
  • Assistance in filing a protective injunction
  • Community Information and Referrals
  • 911 phones
  • Emotional support
  • Assistance with crime victim compensation

Important Numbers

  • F.C.S.O. Victim Advocates can be contacted at (386) 437-4116 or by email at:
  • Family Life Center Crisis Hotline - (386) 437-3505
  • Community Legal Hotline - (800) 405-1417
  • VINE Program - (800) 846-3435
  • Department of Children and Families - (800) 962-2873
    To report Child Abuse or Elder Exploitation:  1 (800) 96-ABUSE (22873)

Victim Crime Compensation

  • In some cases, victims (or their relatives, where the victim is deceased) may be eligible for financial compensation from the State of Florida. Information regarding eligibility may be obtained from the Sheriff’s Office or from the Bureau of Crimes Compensation, Office of the Attorney General 1-800-226-6667, or the 7th Judicial Circuit State Attorney's Office.
  • You have the right to request and receive restitution as part of a criminal sentence by the judge.

Victim Rights: As a victim you have the right:

  • To receive information on available crisis intervention services and local community services including counseling, shelter, legal assistance, or other types of help depending on the particular circumstances of your case.
  • To receive information regarding the role of the victim in the criminal or juvenile process, including what the victim may expect from the system as well as what the system may expect from the victim.
  • To be informed, present, and heard when relevant, at all crucial stages of a criminal or juvenile proceeding, to the extent the right does not interfere with the constitutional rights of the accused.

Civil Domestic Related Injunctions

What Type of Injunctions are there?

Generally, Florida law states that a court can order an injunction to protect the victim of violence under any of the following types of violent relationships:

  • Domestic Violence: Requires that the parties have lived together "as if a family" or have a child together. Petitioner must be a victim of domestic violence, or have reasonable cause to believe that violence is imminent.
  • Repeat Violence: Requires that the respondent have committed two incidents of violence against petitioner's immediate family member, one of the incidents must have been within the past six months.
  • Dating Violence: Requires that the parties have had a continuing dating relationship within the past six months that involved the expectation of affection or sexual involvement. Petitioner must be a victim of violence or have reasonable cause to believe violence is imminent.
  • Sexual Violence: The Petitioner must be a victim of sexual violence, must have reported that crime and is cooperating with law enforcement agencies; or the respondent who committed the sexual violence was sentenced and the term of imprisonment is expired or is due to expire within 90 days.

Frequently Asked Questions About Injunctions

What is the fee for filing an injunction?

There is no filing fee.

Do I need an attorney?

You have the right to hire an attorney to represent you, but it is not required.

Can I file an injunction for protection if I did not report the violence to the Sheriff's Office?

Yes. However, acts of violence should be reported to the Sheriff's Office.

Can I file an injunction for protection on behalf of my child who is under eighteen years old?

Yes. Persons under 18 years old cannot file an injunction for protection without a parent or guardian present.

Can I request to have the final judgment modified, extended or dropped?

Yes. The Flagler County Clerk of Court’s office has forms you may fill out. After completing the form, the motion to vacate, modify or extend will be forwarded to the Judge for a decision.

What happens if I fail to appear in court?

The Judge has several options, which he or she may take, including the dismissal of the case.

How does the person I file against get notified of the hearing?

After the hearing has been set, the Flagler County Clerk of Court sends a copy to the Sheriff's Office to be served on the respondent.

How long does an Injunction last?

While an injunction may be continued for an indefinite period of time (after a hearing), either the petitioner or respondent may complete a Motion for Modification and it will be forwarded to the assigned Judge for consideration.  Most temporary injunctions are for less than one (1) year.

What happens if the respondent violates the injunction?

If the Respondent violates any conditions of the Temporary or Permanent Injunction, you should first consider requesting the immediate assistance of local law enforcement. If the Respondent is not arrested, you may return to the Flagler County Clerk of Court for assistance in the preparation of an Affidavit of Violation of Injunction.  This will be reviewed by the State Attorney's Office for further action.


Contact Us

Contact Us


EMERGENCY: 9-1-1   NON-EMERGENCY: 386-313-4911

© Flagler County Sheriff's Office, LLC. All Rights Reserved.