- Statistics tell us that people whose business brings them in contact with strangers out of their office are at more risk than those who stay in the office.
- Meet at your office before showing property. Take a picture, and send, of I.D. if you meet in the field.
- Obtain a photocopy of client driver license or photo I.D. In addition, verify.
- Introduce client to co-workers.
- Tell office staff in front of client you will call the office periodically.
- Call your office upon arrival at each location as a safety check. If no one answers your call, fake it.
- Have a pre-planned code word for a distress signal.
- Take your own vehicle and ask the client to follow you in their car.
- Your office should have all your vehicle information.
- Do not pull into the driveway first, do not get blocked in.
- Carry your cell phone with you.