Teen Driver Challenge
The Florida Sheriffs Association's Teen Driver Challenge (TDC) was created in 2007 to address the primary factors affecting teen drivers – speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, texting while driving, and distracted driving. The program is offered at no cost to teen drivers in counties across the state and led by sheriffs’ deputies licensed as commercial driving school instructors. More than 2,000 students participate in a TDC course each year, with the demand for course participation often outweighing availability. The program is a defensive driving course designed to educate students on the dangers of driving impaired, the importance of driving using their senses, and driving maneuvers and skills.
The course takes place over two days and consists of a classroom portion and a driving portion. Students are required to attend both dates.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEXT PROGRAM OFFERED
*Registration for the upcoming session is closed. More information about future courses will be released at a later date*
- Session dates
- Classroom portion:February 23, 6–8pm @ Flagler County Sheriff's Operations Center
- Driving portion: February 24, 8am–5pm @ Flagler-Palm Coast High School, Building 8 lot (Rear)
- Students are required to have a valid Florida Operator's License or Learner's Permit. Students with a Learner's Permit must be dropped off and picked up after the class.
- Class size is limited to 6 students. Seats available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Lunch will be provided (pizza), but students may bring their own lunch.
- Students will receive a free t-shirt, which will be worn during the training.
- Complete electronic registration HERE
- Once we receive your electronic registration, we will send an application packet to all students via email.
- Completed applications, along with a $50 deposit check written to F.S.E.A.T. (to hold seat—will be returned upon attending course) should be mailed to:
Flagler County Sheriff's Office
C/O Sgt Chris Ragazzo
14 Palm Harbor Village Way W
Palm Coast, FL 32137