As part of the criminal justice process, and as required by the state's Public Records Statutes, more than a million pieces of paper ranging from traffic tickets to entire criminal cases are collected and maintained by the Records Division.
The paper trail begins with the deputy on the road and is eventually processed and filed in the Records Division of the Flagler County Sheriff's Office.
Requests for Reports
The public may request copies of accident and incident reports. If you have reported an incident or accident and need to obtain a copy for your insurance company, contact the Records Division for assistance.
In order to expedite your request, please provide the following information: case number, date, time, and location of incident when applicable, or the location the report was made, along with the name of person or persons involved. Other requests can be made under the freedom of information act.
Flagler County Sheriff’s Office User Fees
1. Copy requests over 7 pages: Actual cost if extensive, plus $.15 per page.
2. Copy requests for reports over 7 pages: Actual cost if extensive, plus $.15 per page.
3. Reports to victim: No cost for 2 copies of report.
4. Certified copies of reports: $1.00 per page.
5. Local criminal records checks $5.00.
6. Fingerprinting: $5.00 for electronic and $7.00 for ink.
7. Dispatch Audio (911): Actual cost, if extensive. $1.00 per cd plus postage, if mailed.
8. Information technology reports: Actual cost, if extensive.
* Extensive is defined as 30 minutes or more. Any request may have added fees if the FCSO incurs additional costs to produce the record. All other fees statutorily established shall be in accordance with applicable law. Individual copies for the media will be free unless extensive research or preparation is required or request is of a voluminous and time consuming nature. Requests for more than two reports can result in charges listed above being applied.
Wendee Hartman is the manager of the Records Unit. The Records Unit is available Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and is located on the first floor of the Government Services Building at 1769 E Moody Blvd, Bldg 2, Bunnell, FL 32110.
Call (386) 437-4116 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org