We are always looking for volunteers and interns. We have a wide range of areas you can help your local Sheriff and learn about law enforcement.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent. Military experience and/or college experience preferred.
- Be at least 19 years of age or older.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Have a valid Florida driver’s license at the time of hire and possess a good driving record. Applicants with convictions for driving under the influence of alcoholic beverages or narcotics will be automatically disqualified.
- Be of good moral character with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral character or false statements.
Drug Use Hiring Policy:
- At the date of the application, the applicant will be allowed to process if they had any prior use of a controlled substance (defined under FSS 893) within the last two (2) years for marijuana and five (5) years for all other illegal drugs.
- Use of a controlled substance prior to age 25 may be considered a youthful indiscretion. Youthful indiscretion is defined as 20 times or less for cannabis and 10 for all others.
- Any sale of a controlled substance to others will be an automatic disqualifier.
- Use of any controlled substance while in a law enforcement position or in a position that carries with it a high level of responsibility and public trust is an automatic disqualifier.
- Any untruthfulness on this or any other issue during the employment process will result in immediate termination and further consideration for employment.
Complete and send to FCSO Human Resources the volunteer application. It can be downloaded here: Volunteer Application
The FCSO HR Division will review your volunteer/intern application and conduct a criminal history background check, fingerprinting and department of motor vehicles driver’s license history.
You will be scheduled to conduct an interview with the Human Resources, as well as a meeting with the Sheriff.