Law enforcement and detention services
See a glimpse into your future as an FCSO Deputy!
STARTING SALARIES FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT DEPUTY AND DETENTION DEPUTY:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent. Military experience and/or college experience preferred;
- Must be at least nineteen (19) years of age or older;
- Must be a United States citizen;
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license at the time of hire and maintain a good driving record;
- Must be of good moral character with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral character or false statements;
- Eyesight must be corrected at 20/30 in each eye with glasses; Depth and color perception must be within normal limits;
Drug Use Hiring Policy:
- At the date of the application, the applicant will NOT be allowed to process if they had any prior use of a controlled substance (defined under FSS 893) within the last two (2) years for marijuana and five (5) years for all other illegal drugs;
- Use of a controlled substance prior to age 25 may be considered a youthful indiscretion;
- Any sale of a controlled substance to others will be an automatic disqualifier;
- Use of any controlled substance while in a law enforcement position or in a position that carries with it a high level of responsibility and public trust is an automatic disqualifier;
- Any untruthfulness about this or any other issue during the employment process will result in immediate termination of further consideration for employment.
FCSO Hiring Process
- Complete and submit this Employment Application to Careers@FlaglerSheriff.com.
- The FCSO HR Section will review your application and if preliminary minimum qualifications are met and you're selected to move forward, an invite to a Physical Abilities Test (PAT) will be sent.
*FCSO follows the FDLE PAT Model which can be viewed by clicking this link.
- If you successfully complete the PAT, you may be invited to an Oral Board/Interview with a Panel of FCSO personnel.
- If selected to move forward after the Oral Board/Interview, the FCSO will schedule the following exams (each is a pass/fail and they are paid for by the FCSO):
- Comprehensive background investigation and reference checks
- Psychological examination
- Drug Testing
- Administrative review and meeting with the Sheriff