Professional Support Job Openings
We are always looking for the best civilian employees to augment our sworn ranks.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent. Military experience and/or college experience preferred.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Have a valid Florida Driver’s License at the time of hire and possess a good driving record.
- Be of good moral character with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral character or false statements.
Drug Use Hiring Policy:
- At the date of the application, the applicant will NOT be allowed to process if they had any prior use of a controlled substance (defined under FSS 893) within the last two (2) years for marijuana and five (5) years for all other illegal drugs.
- Use of a controlled substance prior to age 25 may be considered a youthful indiscretion. Youthful indiscretion is defined as 20 times or less for cannabis and 10 for all others.
- Any sale of a controlled substance to others will be an automatic disqualifier.
- Use of any controlled substance while in a law enforcement position or in a position that carries with it a high level of responsibility and public trust is an automatic disqualifier.
- Any untruthfulness about this or any other issue during the employment process will result in immediate termination and further consideration for employment.
Complete and send your notarized employment application to HR@FlaglerSheriff.Com. Download the application by clicking here: Employment Application, if using Google Chrome as your browser you will need to download form and open in Adobe Reader where you will then be able to fill out
The FCSO HR Division will review your application and conduct a criminal history background check, fingerprinting and department of motor vehicle driver’s license history.
You will be scheduled to conduct an interview with the division director, as well as a meeting with the Sheriff.
Once identified to continue further in the process, the FCSO will schedule the following exams. Each exam is paid for by the FCSO:
- Comprehensive background investigation and reference checks.
- Polygraph (CCTV and Communications candidates only).
- Administrative review and meeting with the Sheriff
- Psychological examination (Communications candidates only)
- Drug Testing