Current Civilian Job Openings:
Click Job Opening below
|Communications Specialist I (Call-Taker)||Communications Specialist II||Communications Specialist III|
|School Crossing Guard||General Counsel|
We are always looking for the best civilian employees to augment our sworn ranks.
- A high school diploma or GED from schools accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Be at least 19 years of age or older.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Have a valid Florida driver’s license at the time of hire and possess a good driving record. Applicants with convictions for driving under the influence of alcoholic beverages or narcotics will be automatically disqualified.
- Be of good moral character with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral character or false statements
Drug Use Hiring Policy:
- At the date of the application, the applicant will NOT be allowed to process if they had any prior use of a controlled substance (defined under FSS 893) within the last three (3) years for marijuana and five (5) years for all other illegal drugs.
- Use of a controlled substance prior to age 25 may be considered a youthful indiscretion. Youthful indiscretion is defined as 20 times or less for cannabis and 10 for all others.
- Any sale of a controlled substance to others will be an automatic disqualifier.
- Use of any controlled substance while in a law enforcement position or in a position that carries with it a high level of responsibility and public trust is an automatic disqualifier.
- Any untruthfulness on this or any other issue during the employment process will result in immediate termination and further consideration for employment.
- Any exceptions to this policy must be approved by the Sheriff.
Complete and send employment application to FCSO Human Resources. It can be opened and filled out by clicking here: Employment Application , if using Google Chrome as your browser you will need to download form and open in Adobe Reader where you will then be able to fill out application form.
The FCSO HR Division will review your application and conduct a criminal history background check, fingerprinting and department of motor vehicles driver’s license history.
You will be scheduled to conduct an interview with the division director, as well as a meeting with the Sheriff.
Once identified to continue further in the process, the FCSO will schedule the following exams. Each is pass fail and they are paid for by the FCSO:
- Administrative meeting with the Sheriff and Chief Deputy
- Psychological examination (Only to Communications candidates)
- Drug Testing
- Hearing Test
Comprehensive background investigation and reference checks.