Inmate Mail Policy
- Mail may be addressed to the inmate and mailed to: Flagler County Sheriff’s Office, Detention Facility, 1002 Justice Lane, Bunnell, FL 32110. The inmate's name and booking number should be included.
- All mail will be processed daily, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). Inmates must send or receive all mail through the facility mailing system. WARNING: All mail will be searched and scanned prior to delivery to the inmate.
- Inmates cannot receive cash or personal checks in the mail. Personal checks and cash (along with the letter) will be returned to the sender.
- Unauthorized packages addressed to an inmate, either through U.S. Mail, private delivery service, etc., or brought to the front lobby will not be accepted. These items will be refused and marked “return to sender.” Any approved items not normally issued by the facility may be purchased from the Inmate Canteen.
- All items received through the mail that are contraband, unauthorized, (i.e. hard back books, items that can be purchased through canteen such as envelopes and stamps) will be returned to the sender in its entirety. The inmate shall be notified in writing when incoming or outgoing letters are rejected.
- Any incoming mail containing photographs, drawings, or cartoons displaying nudity or sexually graphic content will be returned to the sender. No mail will be retained which is in an unsanitary condition, i.e., contains any type of body fluids, unidentified odors (i.e. perfume, body spray, etc), secretions, residue, hair or any other component of the human body or animal. Any mail fitting this description will be destroyed.